INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 27001 is a specific standard for Information security, widely used as a management tool known as Information Security Management System. ISMS is a framework of policies & procedures that includes all Legal, Physical, Administrative and Technical controls involved in an organization’s information risk management processes.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 certification?
- Supports compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Opportunity to be a preferred supplier
- Increased business resilience
- Improved customer and business partner confidence
- Cost savings through the reduction in incidents
- Improves your ability to recover your operations and demonstrate business continuity
- Confidence in your information security arrangements
- Defined internal organization & improvements to achieve organizational short-term & long-term objectives
- Meet customer and tender requirements
- Get a competitive advantage over a tender or any other vendor selection
- Awareness and commitment to information security throughout the organization
- Reduces staff-related security breaches
- Control on breach; internally & externally
Who can get ISO 27001 certification?
The standard is applicable to most of the industries; where information or data is the asset. By the market survey, companies opting for ISO 27001:2013 are software development, Cloud & IT support (product & service companies), financial industries, telecom industries, pharmaceutical, health organizations, government bodies.
ISO 27001 in Australia
ISO 27001 in Singapore
ISO 27001 in Maldives
ISO 27001 in Philippines
ISO 27001 in South Africa
ISO 27001 in Mauritius
ISO 27001 in Kenya
ISO 27001 in Mozambique
ISO 27001 in Nigeria
ISO 27001 in Eqypt
ISO 27001 in Oman
ISO 27001 in Qatar
ISO 27001 in Bahrain
ISO 27001 in UAE
ISO 27001 in Saudi Arabia
ISO 27001 in Lebanon
ISO 27001 in Kuwait
what are the requirements of ISO 27001:2013?
- Organization Commitment
- Risk management: assessment & treatment, Asset Management, Access Management, Operational Security, Communication Management – secure communication & data
- Secured acquisition, development & support functions, Vendor Management – security on third-party supplies & services, Incident Management, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Policy & Procedure
- Classification of Information
- Training & Communication
- Physical Controls, Administrative Controls & Technical Controls
- Defining of Statement of Applicability (SOA): Physical controls, Procedural Controls, Technical Controls, Legal & Regulatory or Compliance Controls.
- Measuring & monitoring effectiveness of controls
- Management Reviews